Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pigs Eat Barley Mash, the Movie

Friday night, after-hours at the restaurant, the chef and his brother were brewing some beer.  Some lucky folks stuck around for the fun.  I usually bring home a lot of kitchen scraps at the end of night, scraps that our pigs get really excited about like burned pizza, pasta, past prime vegetables, and your plate scrapings.  On Friday, I got to bring home the mash that was left after they drained off the malt syrup.

I know that a lot of the byproducts from Empire Brewing Co. beer making go to a local pig farm.  At Joe's Pasta Garage, I take home the food that makes the bacon, every night, and, on some rare, special occasions, bring home some really sweet barley mash.  I figured the pigs would really go wild over it.  I won't give it away, rather, I'll let you watch for yourselves.  Ignore the title of the video, it has nothing to do with jewelry or the number 196.  And thank you Tamara for some wonderful videography.


No comments:

Post a Comment